Updated July 8, 2020
We are asking all patients to print and fill out this form and bring it with you on the day of your appointment. If you are unable to print and fill it out beforehand, one will be given to you to complete when you arrive for your appointment.
To all of our patients:
We have resumed restorative, regular, and routine dental procedures on Monday, June 8.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it ’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Appointments will be rescheduled if the risk of patient transmission of illness, including COVID-19 has been determined.
- Please wear a mask when you enter the building. One of our staff will greet you and take your temperature before you enter the office.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We ask you to maintain social distancing practices in our reception area, including with our office staff. Our large reception room will look very different since we’ve removed more than half of the seating to allow for safe social distancing. You may see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to disinfect.
- We have increased the disinfecting protocols throughout our office and reception area. We regularly disinfect the bathroom, furniture, doors and handles.
- As always, all treatment room surfaces disinfected with a chemical germicide between each patient, and we increased ventilation to remove aerosols.
- You will notice all staff will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. Our gowns, gloves, face shields, and masks have given us a new look!
- We’ve added a new air purification system to enhance our previous air filtered system.
- We will control aerosol produced during dental procedures with our existing high volume evacuation system that has been enhanced with the VacuLUX HVE Adapter which helps remove more than 90% of aerosols.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will strive to reduce waiting times as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 508 278 2277.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends and new friends.
We look forward to making you Smile Again!
Dr Swiderski and the Staff at Uxbridge Dental Center